Friday, August 5, 2011

Seven Deadly Sins by Corey Taylor




Publication Date: July 12, 2011 (Perseus Books Group)

I’m not gonna lie; the only reason I was interested in this book at first was because Slipknot and Stone Sour singer Corey Taylor was the author. When I saw the title, I figured it was going to be a memoir of how he has committed each of the Seven Deadly Sins.

Boy was I wrong.


He makes it evident from the start that this is not going to be a memoir. He tells the reader that he will be talking about each of the seven sins are, as he puts it, bullshit. Committing a chapter to each sin, Taylor logically explains why each sin shouldn’t even be considered a sin. He occasionally throws in moments from his life in which he has committed the “sin” but then quickly points out the reasons as to why they aren’t a sin.


The only thing that ever sorta bothered me about this book was the random tangents he sometimes went off on. But most of the time he was able to relate it to what he was talking about.


All in all, I would suggest this book even if the arguments presented mean nothing to you. Look at more points of view, you know?

What I’m saying is that in all the chaos, remember to breathe, remember to smile, and remember that the only time to panic is when there is truly no tomorrow.

(3.75 out of 5)
~ SynysterShadows

No comments:

Post a Comment